Cancer Nurse Navigator – To $127K – Houston, TX – Job # 2811
Who We Are?
BritePros Healthcare Staffing is completely committed to sourcing only the best administrative and clinical talent in the healthcare industry. Our pool of candidates within the world of healthcare is unparalleled. We simply want your healthcare organization running smoothly so you can focus on providing the best health services to your patients.
Healthcare organizations from across the country rely upon BritePros Staffing to present only the most qualified talent for each specific job. Our unique application of the Behavior-based Interviewing Model allows BritePros Staffing to properly vet and evaluate talent relative to key technical and cultural markers for each unique job opening.
We are seeking to fill a Cancer Nurse Navigator role in the Houston, TX area. The candidate will coordinate the cancer patient’s journey through the health care system, across disciplines and sites.
The position includes a generous salary of up to $127K and benefits.
Cancer Nurse Navigator responsibilities include:
- Educating and supporting patients coping with cancer diagnosis throughout their illness and treatment, including survivorship.
- Identifying the health disparities and barriers to care for the local Cancer Program patient population.
- Identifying local resources available to overcome barriers.
- Assisting patients and families with issues relating to distrust of the system or fear of treatment, including refusal of care related to lack of knowledge or anxiety.
- Maintaining awareness of the patient’s plan of care and communicating as necessary issues that arise, to prevent unnecessary delays in treatment, including missed appointments.
- Facilitating acquisition of medical records and diagnostic testing to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Expediting consults as per physician instructions in coordination with the referral team.
- Serving as a liaison to the cancer care program, coordinates necessary testing, assessment, and transfer of information to appropriate facility, including patient education regarding the process.
- Active involvement in hematology/oncology clinics, participates in new consults with physicians and education as indicated for diagnostic procedures and treatment plan.
- Identifying patient issues such as travel and lodging, and links with appropriate services within the VA system and/or community resources.
- Documentation of activities and outcomes of the navigation process.
- Assisting the Cancer Committee in performing a Community Needs Assessment
- Identifying areas for improvement, enhancement, and growth of the navigation process to improve patient-centered, provider-centered, or system-centered care.
Who Are You?
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for an opportunity where you can pursue your interests and your passion. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but merely the starting point for your future.
You also bring the following skills and experience:
- MSN preferred.
- RN License.
- OCN Certification preferred.
- Three or more years of oncology experience.
- Two or more years of experience as a navigator or case manager.
The next step is yours. Email us your current resume along with the position you are considering to: