Nurse Case Manager – To $99K – New York, NY – Job # 2906
Who We Are?
BritePros Healthcare Staffing is completely committed to sourcing only the best administrative and clinical talent in the healthcare industry. Our pool of candidates within the world of healthcare is unparalleled. We simply want your healthcare organization running smoothly so you can focus on providing the best health services to your patients.
Healthcare organizations from across the country rely upon BritePros Staffing to present only the most qualified talent for each specific job. Our unique application of the Behavior-based Interviewing Model allows BritePros Staffing to properly vet and evaluate talent relative to key technical and cultural markers for each unique job opening.
We seek to fill a Nurse Case Manager role in the New York, NY area. The candidate will develop and update the individualized care plan based on a comprehensive assessment of members in consultation with the member and family/caregiver and the assessment nurse.
The position includes a generous salary of up to $99K and benefits. (This is not a remote position).
Nurse Case Manager responsibilities include:
- Implementing the care plan and authorizing/arranging for delivery of covered services consistent with the care plan.
- Providing education/coaching in self-management of disease processes.
- Conducting ongoing communication and collaboration with a member, family caregiver, or member’s designated representative, as well as with the member’s PCP and other significant health care providers.
- Conducting ongoing monitoring of members’ health, safety, and functional status, and progress toward established goals.
- Monitoring member’s medication adherence in conjunction with the RN, Care Management Supervisor.
- Monitoring the provision of services by network providers to ensure they are appropriate and in accordance with the member’s care plan.
- Providing coordination of care transitions, including discharge and transition planning from the hospital or nursing homes.
- Reviewing members’ medical status and issues, identifying follow-up issues.
- Serving as primary contact with member’s PCP or specialist physicians as well as member’s long-term care service providers.
- Conducting monthly outreach to the member to check on the member’s status.
- Updating member case records.
- Other duties as assigned by the Care Management Supervisor and/or the Director of Care Management.
Who Are You?
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for an opportunity where you can pursue your interests and your passion. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but merely the starting point for your future.
You also bring the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Nursing.
- New York RN license located within the tri-state area.
- One or more years of experience in clinical practice, case management, care management, or home care.
- Experience in managed care and/or care management preferred.
- Experience with the geriatric population preferred.
The next step is yours. Email us your current resume along with the position you are considering to: