RN – Clinical Documentation Specialist – Chicago, IL – Job # 2824
Who We Are?
BritePros Healthcare Staffing is completely committed to sourcing only the best administrative and clinical talent in the healthcare industry. Our pool of candidates within the world of healthcare is unparalleled. We simply want your healthcare organization running smoothly so you can focus on providing the best health services to your patients.
Healthcare organizations from across the country rely upon BritePros Staffing to present only the most qualified talent for each specific job. Our unique application of the Behavior-based Interviewing Model allows BritePros Staffing to properly vet and evaluate talent relative to key technical and cultural markers for each unique job opening.
We are seeking to fill an RN – Clinical Documentation Specialist role in the Chicago, IL area. The candidate will demonstrate clinical nurse leadership, project management skills, and accountability to prompt physicians and advanced practice nurses to provide details and clarity in documentation necessary for accurate medical record coding and billing.
The position includes a generous salary and benefits.
RN – Clinical Documentation Specialist responsibilities include:
- Performing documentation chart review by analyzing patient medical records and accompanying physician documentation.
- Facilitating accurate documentation of the severity of illness and quality in the medical record.
- Working closely with coding staff to facilitate accurate documentation of discharge diagnosis and co-existing co-morbidities.
- Reviewing inpatient records on admission and throughout hospitalization for completeness and accuracy.
- Requesting documentation clarifications as appropriate for SOI/ROM, Core Measures, and Patient Safety.
- Effective and appropriate communication with attending physicians, residents, fellows, and APNs through the written methodology.
- Acting as a resource person for an interdisciplinary team to promote collaboration and coordination of patient care.
Who Are You?
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for an opportunity where you can pursue your interests and your passion. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but merely the starting point for your future.
You also bring the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Three or more years of previous job-related experience.
- Current Registered Nurse License State of Illinois.
The next step is yours. Email us your current resume along with the position you are considering to: