RN – OR Team Lead – Minneapolis, MN – Job # 2896
Who We Are?
BritePros Healthcare Staffing is completely committed to sourcing only the best administrative and clinical talent in the healthcare industry. Our pool of candidates within the world of healthcare is unparalleled. We simply want your healthcare organization running smoothly so you can focus on providing the best health services to your patients.
Healthcare organizations from across the country rely upon BritePros Staffing to present only the most qualified talent for each specific job. Our unique application of the Behavior-based Interviewing Model allows BritePros Staffing to properly vet and evaluate talent relative to key technical and cultural markers for each unique job opening.
We seek to fill an RN – OR Team Lead role in the Minneapolis, MN area. The candidate makes appropriate patient care assignments for unit personnel as assessed by Charge Nurse or Nurse Manager.
The position includes a generous salary and benefits. (This is not a remote position).
RN – OR Team Lead responsibilities include:
- Facilitating the surgical schedule by monitoring future OR cases for accuracy and in coordination with the Supply/Implant Manager order, vendor instruments, special needs supplies and equipment, appropriate tissue, and implants based on Surgical Case Requests and experience in a timely manner.
- Assisting the OR Manager and Patient Flow Lead with staff assignments and facilitating staff training as necessary.
- Acting as a resource nurse and role model for staff.
- Maintaining good communication with surgeons and updating surgical preference cards as necessary.
- Serving as a Service Line expert and is a role model for staff, monitors advances in a surgical specialty and recommends process improvements and equipment for capital approval.
- Reviewing upcoming schedule and coordinating with Implant Manager to obtain appropriate vendor instrumentation, additional supplies, and implants.
- Functioning effectively in emergency situations or difficult patient/family/staff situations.
- Assisting the Nurse Manager in planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of orientation and educational programs for the unit using an outcome-based approach.
- Developing an individualized plan based on age, social and cultural considerations, condition, and other relevant needs in collaboration with the patient, family, and health team members.
- Delegating direct and indirect patient care activities to appropriate personnel based on needs, conditions, the potential for risk/harm, the complexity of the skill, and predictability of the outcome.
- Responding to emergent situations.
- Documenting interventions according to practice guidelines.
Who Are You?
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for an opportunity where you can pursue your interests and your passion. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but merely the starting point for your future.
You also bring the following skills and experience:
- Associate’s (ADN) or bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN).
- Current Minnesota RN License.
- Four or more years of operating room experience with knowledge of AORN standards.
- One or more years of experience in the specialty.
- BLS certification OR BLS certification obtained within the orientation period.
- Assessment and care coordination skills.
- Experience with an EMR.
- Keyboarding/computer skills.
The next step is yours. Email us your current resume along with the position you are considering to: