Surgery Center Administrator – To $128K – Austin, TX – Job # 2809
Who We Are?
BritePros Healthcare Staffing is completely committed to sourcing only the best administrative and clinical talent in the healthcare industry. Our pool of candidates within the world of healthcare is unparalleled. We simply want your healthcare organization running smoothly so you can focus on providing the best health services to your patients.
Healthcare organizations from across the country rely upon BritePros Staffing to present only the most qualified talent for each specific job. Our unique application of the Behavior-based Interviewing Model allows BritePros Staffing to properly vet and evaluate talent relative to key technical and cultural markers for each unique job opening.
We are seeking to fill a Surgery Center Administrator role in the Austin, TX area. The candidate will monitor the adequacy and quality of the facility’s medical activities through coordination with the Governing Board, and medical and nursing staff and shall participate with the Board and corporate office in charting the course the facility is to take in response to the developing needs of the community.
The position includes a generous salary of up to $128K and benefits.
Surgery Center Administrator responsibilities include:
- Overall administrative management and operation of the facility.
- Overseeing the daily workflow of the department.
- Defining and maintaining the standards of nursing practice in the Center.
- Managing, directing, and supervising clinical services and patient activities.
- Managing, supervising, and monitoring all functions of the facility and facility personnel.
- Developing and maintaining an effective working relationship with patients, families, visitors, and medical staff members.
- Assisting in both day-to-day and special projects and performing other duties as assigned.
- Recruiting, hiring, staff retention, performance evaluation, and staff development.
- Negotiating professional/third-party contracts and seeing that appropriate salary/fee structures are developed and maintained.
- Assuring the sound fiscal operation of the facility and assisting with the development of an annual budget and its implementation.
- Ensuring institutional operating stability by creating a working environment that is conducive to physician and staff satisfaction.
- Ensuring the proper function of equipment and quantity of supplies
- Maintaining a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
Who Are You?
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for an opportunity where you can pursue your interests and your passion. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but merely the starting point for your future.
You also bring the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Five or more years of experience in medical administration with responsibility for administrative supervision preferred.
- Two or more years of experience with clinical supervision in a surgical setting preferred.
- Two or more years of previous business office management experience, preferred.
- Experience with Accounts receivable.
- Understanding of the principles of sterile technique and operating room practice.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care, Workman’s Compensation, and American commercial insurance, preferred.
- Understanding of CPT (Current Procedural Terminology), ICD9 (International Classification of Diseases, 9th revision), and HCPS) Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System) codes. Knowledge of the new ICD10 is preferred.
- Knowledge of CMS, DNV, JCAHO, and state regulations.
The next step is yours. Email us your current resume along with the position you are considering to: