Certified Medical Assistant (Temp) – San Antonio, TX – Job # 2913
Who We Are?
BritePros Healthcare Staffing is completely committed to sourcing only the best administrative and clinical talent in the healthcare industry. Our pool of candidates within the world of healthcare is unparalleled. We simply want your healthcare organization running smoothly so you can focus on providing the best health services to your patients.
Healthcare organizations from across the country rely upon BritePros Staffing to present only the most qualified talent for each specific job. Our unique application of the Behavior-based Interviewing Model allows BritePros Staffing to properly vet and evaluate talent relative to key technical and cultural markers for each unique job opening.
We seek to fill a Temporary Certified Medical Assistant role in the San Antonio, TX area. The candidate will perform both clinical and administrative duties.
The position includes a generous salary and benefits. (This is not a remote position – This is a temporary position).
Certified Medical Assistant responsibilities include:
- Performing duties within their scope of practice delegated by, and under the supervision of, a provider (TX).
- Working as part of a team including physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, and students in the health professions.
- Taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination/procedure, care of medical instruments, and administering medications as directed by the provider or designee.
- Scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, filling out insurance forms/paperwork, and managing specimens for Quest labs.
- Rooming patients according to policy and procedures, preparing patients for examination
- Practicing standard infection control precautions.
- Maintaining quality control standards.
- Setting up logs for lab, immunization refrigerator, immunizations, and return calls to patients on lab work after reviewing with physician or provider.
- Organizing exam and treatment rooms, stocks and cleaning rooms, and sterilizing instruments.
- Telephone and in-person screening is limited to intake and gathering of information without requiring the exercise of judgment based on clinical knowledge.
- Recording patient care documentation in the medical record (written or EMR) accurately and in a timely manner.
- Supporting and following criteria for reading TB tests in accordance with guidelines from the CDC with oversight of the provider.
- Performing all other related duties as assigned.
Who Are You?
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for an opportunity where you can pursue your interests and your passion. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but merely the starting point for your future.
You also bring the following skills and experience:
- High school graduate or GED equivalent (required).
- Some college education preferred.
- Current nationally recognized Medical Assistant certification with three to five years of primary care experience.
- Current BLS certification or the ability to obtain the certification within 30 days of employment.
- Three or more years of experience as a Certified Medical Assistant in primary care with Women’s Health.
- Experience using EMR.
- Working knowledge and experience working with MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
The next step is yours. Email us your current resume along with the position you are considering to: