Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Coordinator – San Antonio, TX – Job # 2899
Who We Are?
BritePros Healthcare Staffing is completely committed to sourcing only the best administrative and clinical talent in the healthcare industry. Our pool of candidates within the world of healthcare is unparalleled. We simply want your healthcare organization running smoothly so you can focus on providing the best health services to your patients.
Healthcare organizations from across the country rely upon BritePros Staffing to present only the most qualified talent for each specific job. Our unique application of the Behavior-based Interviewing Model allows BritePros Staffing to properly vet and evaluate talent relative to key technical and cultural markers for each unique job opening.
We seek to fill a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Coordinator role in the San Antonio, TX area. The candidate will coordinate the PMHNP track and teach in the undergraduate and/or graduate nursing programs.
The position includes a generous salary and benefits. (This is not a remote position).
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Teaching in the area(s) of expertise within undergraduate and graduate programs in the classroom, lab, and clinical setting.
- Coordinating the PMHNP concentration.
- Working with the faculty team to design and evaluate curriculum materials to meet accreditation standards and guidelines.
- Evaluating student performance and advising students; providing individual help to students during weekly office hours.
- Maintain all clinical clearance requirements and competence in the clinical specialty.
- Developing and maintaining a program of scholarship based on the Boyer Model.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Who Are You?
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for an opportunity where you can pursue your interests and your passion. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but merely the starting point for your future.
You also bring the following skills and experience:
- Earned Doctorate in Nursing or closely related discipline with a master’s degree in nursing.
- Current board certification as a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner.
- Eligible for an unencumbered license as RN in Texas and unencumbered recognition by the Texas State Board of Nursing as an Advanced Practice Nurse with psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner credential/certification and prescriptive authority.
- Completion of an advanced practice graduate educational program with a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner focus.
- Three or more years of nursing teaching experience in higher education.
- Three or more years of experience in PMHNP practice.
- Scholarship appropriate for rank for undergraduate and/or graduate nursing levels.
- Experience in PMHNP curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation at the graduate level or with concept-based curriculum and/or distance education methodologies.
- Professional competence in psychiatric mental health advanced practice nursing.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Spanish/English verbal language skills.
The next step is yours. Email us your current resume along with the position you are considering to: