RN Manager – ED – To $114K + Sign-On Bonus – Austin, TX – Job # 2801
Who We Are?
BritePros Healthcare Staffing is completely committed to sourcing only the best administrative and clinical talent in the healthcare industry. Our pool of candidates within the world of healthcare is unparalleled. We simply want your healthcare organization running smoothly so you can focus on providing the best health services to your patients.
Healthcare organizations from across the country rely upon BritePros Staffing to present only the most qualified talent for each specific job. Our unique application of the Behavior-based Interviewing Model allows BritePros Staffing to properly vet and evaluate talent relative to key technical and cultural markers for each unique job opening.
We are seeking to fill an RN Manager – ED role in the Austin, TX area. The candidate plans, develops, implements, evaluates, and monitors policies and procedures, budgets and the allocation of resources, continuous quality and performance improvement initiatives, educational programs, and shared governance councils to achieve departmental and organizational goals and objectives.
The position includes a generous salary of up to $114K plus a $15K sign-on bonus and benefits.
RN Manager – ED responsibilities include:
- Developing and articulating a vision for nursing practice for the area of responsibility.
- creating and sustaining a healthy work environment for assigned nursing and unit-based personnel which fosters excellent professional nursing practice, shared decision-making, interprofessional teamwork and collaboration, and a safe and caring environment for patients, family, and staff.
- Providing nursing care as needed.
- Facilitating practice changes using evidence-based practices and research findings by nursing leaders and staff.
- Engaging supervisors and staff in the development and implementation of departmental goals and objectives.
- Facilitating the professional development of staff including clinical and leadership expertise, through role modeling, teaching, and coaching/mentoring.
- Ensuring that staff members maintain competency based on standards of practice for the patient population served.
- Ensuring that staff is well-informed by communicating to staff in a timely manner new/revised protocols, policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards.
- Maintaining current knowledge in evidence-based clinical and leadership practices, nursing research findings, patient care delivery models, and work redesign to proactively identify, plan, implement, evaluate and monitor quality/performance improvement initiatives to advance practice and improve patient care.
- Analyzing and evaluating the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice based on a variety of indicators including, but not limited to, State and national regulatory bodies and related national benchmarks.
- Identifying issues arising from individual differences and developing awareness of these issues in nursing staff, medical staff, and other health care providers.
- Advocating on behalf of the nursing staff to represent the concerns of patients, families, and staff.
- Monitoring the learning needs of staff and patients/families and assisting in the design, implementation, and evaluation of appropriate, cost-effective educational opportunities to enhance their knowledge and skills.
- Integrating knowledge of organizational mission, goals, and systems into staff and patient strategies Analyzes and prioritizes competing demands, taking effective action to redesign systems to best meet the needs of the patient population and staff.
- Improving nursing practice and the work environment through participation in shared governance and the decision-making processes, and meaningfully recognizing the contributions of others.
Who Are You?
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for an opportunity where you can pursue your interests and your passion. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but merely the starting point for your future.
You also bring the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or transfer.
- Three or more years of experience.
- Strong ED/ER & Leadership Experience Preferred.
- Knowledge of medical and professional nursing ethics and patient privacy rights.
- Knowledge and understanding of nursing and patient care standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of laws, rules, and regulations; standards and guidelines of certifying and accrediting bodies; hospital and department/unit standards, protocols, policies, and procedures governing the provision of nursing care applicable to the area of assignment.
The next step is yours. Email us your current resume along with the position you are considering to: